The Founder Institute selects Mentors with a broad range of industry experiences, including hardware, software, manufacturing, biotech, entertainment, digital media, investment, services, and B2B/B2C. Most Mentors have started multiple companies and are currently running a well-known startup. The ideal Founder Institute Mentor is or has recently been, a founder or CEO of a successful technology company.
- Past Founder Institute mentors include influential CEOs and thought-leaders, such as Phil Libin of Evernote, Jason Calacanis of Launch, Eric Reis of the Lean Startup movement, and Gina Bianchini of Mightybell, among 14,000+ others worldwide.
- As a Mentor, you are asked to join one evening training session with other Mentors, and the total preparation for this session should take about one hour. Many mentors take a more active role in the companies spawned in the program as well, but this is at your discretion. https://founderinstitute.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/canned_responses/folders/60000072532/responses/60000042541/
- By becoming a Founder Institute Mentor, you will not only join a global network of founders spanning 185 cities and 65 countries, but you will also share in the equity value from all of the companies formed in a semester.
- In addition, all Mentors are anonymously rated by program participants for the sake of quality control.
- For more information, please see our FAQ and Mentors page.
If you are interested, please click the image below to apply. The local leaders will review your application, and if approved, you will be able to select different semesters and different sessions to Mentor.
If the image above does not work, please apply at fi.co/mentor
*Not all mentor applicants are approved. If your application is accepted, you will receive further information. Local leaders review mentor applications on a rolling basis as needed.